Bucks Biz Privacy Statement Last Updated: November 2017
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data Bucks-Biz collects from you, through our interactions with you and through our products, and how we use that data.
Bucks-Biz offers a wide range of products, References to Bucks-Biz products in this statement include Bucks-Biz services, websites. Please read the product-specific details in this privacy statement, which provide additional information about some of Bucks-Biz products. This statement applies to Bucks-Biz’s interactions with you and the Bucks-Biz products listed below, as well as other Bucks-Biz products that display this statement.
Personal Data That We Collect
Bucks-Biz collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a Bucks-Biz account, administer your organisation’s licensing account, or submit an enquiry through either Bucks-Biz website forms or third-party Brokers and agents and register for a Bucks-Biz details or information. We also get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving web surfing analytics.
We also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included:
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you grant permission to a Bucks-Biz social network link
- Service providers that help us determine and customise certain products to your requirements.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a product or service, you may not be able to use that product or service. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Bucks-Biz, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products and features you use. The data we collect can include the following:
Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data. Credentials. We collect photo ID and proof of address and similar security information used for authentication. Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your age, gender, country and preferred language. Payment data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. Device and Usage data. We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with Bucks-Biz and our products. For example, we collect: • Product and service use data. We collect data about the products and services that you use, the items you purchase. Support Data, and Administrator Data,
We also collect information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded. Product-specific sections below describe data collection practices applicable to use of those products.
How We Use Personal Data
Bucks-Biz uses the data we collect for three basic purposes, described in more detail below: (1) to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalising) the products we offer,
(2) to send communications, including promotional communications, and
(3) to show advertising, whether in our own products supported by advertising like Blogs and email campaigns, or in products offered by third parties. For example, we store data we collect from you when you are unauthenticated (not signed in) separately from any account information that directly identifies you, such as your name, email address or phone number.
Providing and improving our products
We use data to provide and improve the products we offer and perform essential business operations. This includes operating the products, maintaining and improving the performance of the products, developing new features, conducting research and providing customer support. Examples of such uses include the following:
- Providing the Products. We use data to carry out your transactions with us and to provide our products to you. Often, those products include personalised features and recommendations that enhance your productivity and enjoyment, and automatically tailor your product experiences based on the data we have about your activities, interests and location.
- Customer support. We use data to diagnose product problems, carry out repairs to our customers ‘and provide other customer care and support services.
- Product and service activation. We use data – such as device and application type, location and unique device, application, network and subscription identifiers – to activate software and devices that require activation.
- Product and Service Improvement. We use data to continually improve our products and services, including adding new features or capabilities. For example, we use error reports to improve security features, usage data to determine what new services to prioritise.
- Security, Safety and Dispute Resolution. We use data to protect the security and safety of our products and services along with our customers, to detect and prevent fraud, to confirm the validity of licences, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Our security features and products can disrupt the operation of malicious software links; and we may block delivery of a communication or remove content if it violates our terms.
- Business Operations. We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalise our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by phone or email or other means to inform you when a service is ending or being altered, discuss your license agreement, let you know when new products and services are available, remind you about items your company has shown interest in, update you or enquire about a service or repair request, invite you to participate in a survey, or tell you that you need to take action to keep your account active. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Bucks-Biz by email, SMS, post and telephone. For information about managing your contact data, email subscriptions and promotional communications, please visit the Access and Controls section of this privacy statement.
Bucks-Biz does not use what you say in email, chat, video calls or voicemail, or your documents, photos or other personal files to target ads to you.
We use data we collect through our interactions with you, through some of our products and on third-party web properties, to show advertising. For example:
- Bucks-Biz may use your data to select and deliver some of the ads you see on Bucks-Biz web properties, such as Bucks-Biz.co.uk, Bucks-Biz.com.
- When the advertising ID is enabled in Windows 10 as part of your privacy settings, Bucks-Biz apps can access and use the advertising ID (much the same way that websites can access and use a unique identifier stored in a cookie) to select and deliver ads in such apps.
- We may share data we collect with third parties, such as linkedin, Facebook, Twitter (see below), so that they can select and deliver some of the ads you see in our products and services, their products or other sites and apps serviced by these partners.
- Advertisers may choose to place our web beacons on their sites in order to allow Bucks-Biz to collect information on their sites such as activities, purchases and visits; we use this data from our advertising to help target our ads. We also share data directly with service providers, such as Linkedin, Twitter or Facebook, to permit them to provide services on our behalf. The ads that you see may be selected based on data we process about you, such as your interests and favourites, your location, your transactions, how you use our products, your search queries or the content you view.
For example, if you view content on our websites about offices, we may show advertisements about offices; if you search “office to rent in Milton Keynes” on Bucks-Biz.co.uk, you may see advertisements in your search results for office to rent in Milton Keynes. The ads that you see may also be selected based on other information learned about you over time using demographic data, location data, search queries, interests and favourites, usage data from our products and sites, as well as the sites and apps of our advertisers and partners. We refer to these ads as "interest-based advertising" in this statement. For example, if you view meeting rooms content on our website, you may see offers for meeting rooms on our website.
To provide interest-based advertising, we combine cookies placed on your device using information that we collect (such as IP address) when your browser interacts with our websites. If you opt out of receiving interest-based advertising, data associated with these cookies will not be used.
Further details regarding our advertising-related uses of data include:
- Children and Advertising.
We do not deliver interest-based advertising to children whose birthdate in their Bucks-Biz account identifies them as under 13 years of age.
- Data Retention. For interest-based advertising, we retain data for no more than 13 months, unless we obtain your consent to retain the data longer.
- Data Sharing. In some cases, we share with advertisers reports about the data that we have collected on our sites or ads.
- Data Collected by Other Advertising Companies. Advertisers sometimes include their own web beacons (or those of their other advertising partners) within their advertisements that we display, enabling them to set and read their own cookie. Additionally, Bucks-Biz partners with third-party ad companies to help provide some of our advertising services, and we also allow other third-party ad companies to display advertisements on our sites. These third parties may place cookies on your computer and collect data about your online activities across websites or online services.
Reasons We Share Personal Data
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorised. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so, such as when you send an email to us, share photos and documents or link accounts with another service.
When you provide payment data to make a purchase or pay for services, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
In addition, we share personal data among Bucks-Biz-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries.
We also share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we've hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Finally, we will transfer, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails received, or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud our customers of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop any risks to our clients;
- protect the rights or property of Bucks-Biz, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the products and services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our products and services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property belonging to Bucks-Biz, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
For more information about data that we disclose in response to requests from law enforcement and other government agencies, please see our Law Enforcement Transparency Report, available at https://www.Bucks-Biz.com/about. Please note that some of our products include links to products of third parties whose privacy practices differ from Bucks-Biz's. If you provide personal data to any of those products, your data is governed by their privacy statements.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
You can request to view, edit or delete your personal data for many Bucks-Biz products. You can also make choices about Bucks-Biz's collection and use of your data. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which products and Services you use.
- Bucks-Biz account.
If you wish to access, edit or remove the profile information and payment information in your Bucks-Biz account, change your details, add information or close your account, you can do so by emailing email@example.com From here, you can also request information for other Bucks-Biz products.
Your Communications Preferences
You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Bucks-Biz by email, SMS, postal mail and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in those messages. You can also make choices about the receipt of promotional email, telephone calls and post viewing your communication permissions where you can update contact information, manage Bucks-Biz-wide contact preferences, opt out of email subscriptions and choose whether to share your contact information with Bucks-Biz partners. If you do not have a personal Bucks-Biz account, you can manage your Bucks-Biz email contact preferences by using this web form. These choices do not apply to mandatory product and services that are part of certain Bucks-Biz products and services, or to surveys or other informational communications that have their own unsubscribe method.
Your Advertising Choices
You may opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from Bucks-Biz by visiting our optout page. When you opt out, your selection will be stored. The opt-out choice has an expiry date of five years.
Because the data used for interest-based advertising is also used for other necessary purposes (including providing our products, analytics and fraud detection), opting out of interest-based advertising does not stop that data from being collected. Nor does it mean you will stop getting ads or see fewer ads. However, if you do opt out, the ads you receive will no longer be interest-based and may be less relevant to your interests.
You can opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from third parties that we partner with by visiting their sites (see above).
Browser-Based Controls Security.
- Storing Information You Provide to a Website. When you provide information, on Bucks-Biz websites, we store the data in a cookie to remember the products and information you have added.
- Social Media. Some of our websites include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
How to Control Cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. For example, in Bucks-Biz Edge, you can block or delete cookies by clicking Settings > Privacy > Cookies. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in other browsers may be available in each browser's privacy or help documentation. Our Use of Web Beacons and Analytics Services
Bucks-Biz web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs) that we use to help deliver cookies on our websites, count users who have visited those websites and deliver co-branded products. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.
In addition to placing web beacons on our own websites, we sometimes work with other companies to place our web beacons on their websites or in their advertisements.
This helps us develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement on a Bucks-Biz website results in an action on the website. Finally, Bucks-Biz products often contain web beacons or similar technologies from third party analytics providers, which help us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations. These technologies enable the analytics providers to set or read their own cookies or other identifiers on your device, through which they can collect information about your online activities across applications, websites or other products. However, we prohibit these analytics providers from using web beacons on our sites to collect or access information that directly identifies you (such as your name or email address).
You can opt out of data collection or use by some of these analytics providers by clicking the following links: • AppsFlyer: www.appsflyer.com/optout • Flurry Analytics: https://aim.yahoo.com/aim/us/en/optout/ • Google Analytics: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on) • Kissmetrics: kissmetrics.com/user-privacy • Mixpanel: mixpanel.com/optout • Nielsen: www.nielsen-online.com/corp.jsp?section=leg_prs&nav=1#Optoutchoices • Omniture (Adobe): www.d1.sc.omtrdc.net/optout.html • Visible Measures: www.visiblemeasures.com/viewer-settings-opt-out • WebTrends: ondemand.webtrends.com/support/optout.asp Creating a Bucks-Biz account.
When you create a Bucks-Biz account, you will be asked for certain personal data and we will assign a unique Client ID number to identify your account and associated information. While some products, such as those involving payment, require a real name, you can sign into and use some Bucks-Biz products without providing your real name. Some data you provide, such as your name, email address and phone number, can be used to help others find and connect with you within Bucks-Biz products and services. For example, people who know your name, email address or phone number can use it to search for you. Note that if you use a work or personal email address to create a Bucks-Biz account, and your company that issued that address begins managing that account with Azure Active Directory (AAD), you will need to update the email address associated with your companies Bucks-Biz account in order to continue accessing Bucks-Biz products and services.
You should carefully review any additional terms the third party provided you to understand what it can do with your account.
If your organisation is administering your use of Bucks-Biz products and services, please direct your privacy inquiries to your administrator. See also: Notice to End Users.
Other Important Privacy Information
Below, you will find additional privacy information that you may find important. You can also find more information on Bucks-Biz's commitment to protecting your privacy at privacy.Bucks-Biz.com.
European Privacy Rights
Bucks-Biz adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which if applicable includes the following rights: • If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing; • You have a right to request from us, a “data controller” as defined in the law, access to and rectification of your personal data; • You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data; and • You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority. As applicable under French law, you can also send us specific instructions regarding the use of your personal data after your death, by using our web form . When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of Bucks-Biz as described in the “How We Use Personal Data” and “Reasons We Share Personal Data” sections above. When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area, we do so based on a variety of legal mechanisms, as described in “Where We Store and Process Personal Data” below.
Security of Personal Data
Bucks-Biz is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential data (such as a credit card number or password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption.
Where We Store and Process Personal Data
Personal data collected by Bucks-Biz may be stored and processed in our secure offices, in any other country where Bucks-Biz or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. Bucks-Biz maintains data servers at our business centres in Milton Keynes.
Bucks-Biz processes personal data, please visit: ec.europa.eu/justice/dataprotection/international-transfers/adequacy/index_en.htm Bucks-Biz Corporation complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States. Bucks-Biz Corporation has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. If third-party agents process personal data on our behalf in a manner inconsistent with the principles of either Privacy Shield framework, we remain liable unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Bucks-Biz retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include: • How long is the personal data needed to provide the products and operate our business? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of those products, keeping our systems secure and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods. • Is there an automated control, such as in the Bucks-Biz privacy dashboard, that enables the customer to access and delete the personal data at any time? If there is not, a shortened data retention time will generally be adopted. • Is the personal data of a sensitive type? If so, a shortened retention time would generally be appropriate. • Has Bucks-Biz adopted and announced a specific retention period for a certain data type? For example, for Web search queries, we de-identify stored queries by removing the entirety of the IP address after 6 months, and cookie IDs and other cross-session identifiers after 18 months. • Has the user provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent. • Is Bucks-Biz subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation to retain the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of the statement and describe the changes in the Change History page. If there are material changes to the statement or in how Bucks-Biz will use your personal data, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how Bucks-Biz is protecting your information.
How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy concern, complaint or a question for the Chief Privacy Officer/Data Protection Officer of Bucks-Biz, please contact us by using our Web form. We will respond to questions or concerns within 30 days. Unless otherwise stated, Bucks-Biz Corporation is a data controller for personal data we collect through the products subject to this statement. Our address is Bucks-Biz Privacy, Bucks-Biz Business Centres, Interchange House, Howards Way, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes MK16 9PY, Telephone: (+44) 1908-299000.
When a customer tries, purchases, uses or subscribes to our Products or Services, or obtains support for such products, Bucks-Biz collects data to provide the service, including uses compatible with providing the service, provide the best experiences with our products, operate our business and communicate with the customer. For example: • When a customer engages with a Bucks-Biz sales representative, we collect the customer’s name and contact data, along with information about the customer’s organisation, to support that engagement. • When a customer interacts with a Bucks-Biz support professional, we collect Device and Usage data or error reports to diagnose and resolve problems. • When a customer pays for products, we collect contact and payment data to process the payment. • When a customer receives communications from Bucks-Biz, we use data to personalise the content of the communication.
Administrator Data is the information provided to Bucks-Biz during sign-up, purchase or administration of Bucks-Biz Products and Services. We use Administrator Data to provide the Products and Services, complete transactions, service the account and detect and prevent fraud. Administrator Data includes the name, address, phone number and email address you provide. Administrator Data may also include contact information of your colleagues and friends if you agree to provide it to Bucks-Biz for the limited purpose of sending them an invitation to use the Products and Services; we may contact those individuals with communications that may include information about you, such as your name. As needed, we use Administrator Data to contact you to provide information about your account, subscriptions, billing and updates to the Products and Services, including information about new features, security or other technical issues. We may also contact you regarding third-party inquiries we receive regarding use of the Products and Services, as described in your agreement. You will not be able to unsubscribe from these non-promotional communications. Subject to your contact preferences, we may also contact you regarding information and offers about other products and services, or share your contact information with Bucks-Biz's partners. You may manage your contact preferences or update your information by contacting Bucks Biz by email. We use payment data to complete transactions, as well as to detect and prevent fraud.