Are you clear on what your responsibilities are as an employer, during the COVID-19 outbreak?
It can be hard, with all the conflicting information flying around at the moment to know exactly what you should be doing to protect yourself and those around you from the potential risks, so we thought it was worth just reassuring you with what we at Bucks Biz are doing to prevent the spread, and give you some top, government approved advice as to what you should be doing too, from a business perspective.Public Health England (PHE) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- put used tissues in the bin straight away
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available. See hand washing guidance
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Here at our Bucks Biz offices to rent in Milton Keynes, communal spaces including toilets and kitchens are cleaned three times every day and handwash is always available. Rubbish from communal areas is removed daily.
Individual offices and businesses at Bucks Biz are responsible for their own units, so it might be worth reading the government guidelines so that you know what your responsibilities as an employer and service provider are.
As a minimum, we would reccomend keeping surfaces clean, emptying rubbish daily (please take rubbish away with you - we can't accept everyone's rubbish in the communal bins) and providing tissues and alcohol based hand sanitiser (if you can get hold of any!) for your employees.
If you are worried about symptoms, please call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
If you are interested in finding out how our commercial property for rent Bletchley or small workshop space for rent near me could be the perfect solution for your business, click the button below and we'll be in touch.